Let me start off by saying that I am sooooo sorry for not posting my refashion as planned last month. The truth is, this is my first legit re-fashion and I really want it to turn out well so I am not rushing it. My rushed projects don’t usually turn out so good. Hopefully you guys understand and will pardon me this time. It shouldn’t be long before it’s finished.
In the meantime, let me tell you about my latest make using Simplicity 1873. To date, I have made a total of 6 dresses using the bodice from this pattern including this dress and my current refashion project. When I purchased this pattern a few years back, I was in search of a pattern with a darted bodice and not princess seams which was rare to find at the time.
I really enjoy using the bodice from this pattern because it’s fairly quick and easy to whip up and it fits me perfectly in the bust … no F.B.A. required!
This time around, I made the following changes
- Changed the neckline from jewel to v-neckline
- Cut in the shoulder line by 2 inches
- Added ruffes to the bodice around the neckline
- Swapped the patterns pleated skirt for a self-drafted half circle skirt
- 1.75″ Short waist adjustment
When I initially started making this dress, it was mean to be a muslin to test my modified neckline and cut in shoulder line. I purchased this fabric from Ghana over the internet and the colors were not at all what I was expecting. In fact, I was so disappointed that, I even tried to give it away to a friend…. but that didn’t work out.
In the end, I am so glad that it didn’t. I absolutely love this fabric and what it has become.