I am in the process of building myself a better wardrobe.
By carefully considering the pieces that I loved the most, I was able to come up with a personal checklist that makes it easier for me to choose which pieces I woud keep, sew, or purchase in the future.
Over the past couple of months, I have been ruthlessly overhauling my wardrobe. Any clothes, shoes, accessories, fabrics, or patterns that don’t follow my personal checklist no longer have a place in my life.
My Personal Wardrobe Checklist
- Flexible, Versatile & Practical – can be worn in different settings or seasons.
- Fashionable – Classic pieces with a modern and/or bold twist
- Custom fit to my body, my lifestyle & my unique personality
- Flattering to my body shape
- Effortless and Easy – Reaching into my closet and always pulling out a winner.
A perfect example of an outfit that encompasses each of these elements is today’s feature outfit.
I love this classic self made half circle midi skirt.I designed especially for my bodyshape. I opted to add facings instead of a waistband because it visually lengthens my short torso.
My fabric choice adds the dramatic and modern touch that I love.
This skirt is so versatile. It’s midi length is wearable in just about any setting. It can easily and effortlessly go from day to night just by changing out the top, shoes and accessories.
Here I’ve paired it with a flirty pair of heeled sandals and a black off the shoulder bodysuit (which is actually a swimsuit that I purchased from Amazon), perfect for date night.